Tuesday, January 18, 2011

hostel at karangabahla

sr chaitanya of the holy family convent, karangabahla tells me that priti and muskaan are settling in well. their father called and spoke to them yesterday.

several people had called/ written in asking how they could help the two girls. i have told them that in addition to priti and muskaan, there are other girls staying at the hostel who may need support too. i had written to sr chaitanya asking whether they needed any funds for the hostel facilities, since i had noticed it was sparsely furnished. also anything for the boarders.

she discussed it in her community and they are surprised and touched that people they do not know are wanting to help them. they did have a list but were very hesitant to ask since they feel it is a lot of money, though it is actually quite modest.

if anyone is interested to contribute / know more, please do write to me.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Ramani,
    I would like to extend whatever monetary help I can for the girls and the hostel. My email is hemanth.krishnan@gmail.com. I am outside of India (USA). Do keep me updated.
    Thanks,
    hemanth

    ReplyDelete